Rec Center Fee’s
- Councilman, Alex Perez will discuss possible fee removal or reduction for rec centers for veterans, the elderly, and the disabled.
Three Rescued After Rain and Hail in El Paso
- Two men and a woman have been rescued after being swept into a drainage ditch after heavy rain and hail fell in northeastern El Paso.
Fatal bus accident outside Laredo
- The bus, marked Los Garcias, was carrying 32 people when it veered over to the right at Mile Marker 29. Two people, a man and a woman, were killed in the crash.
Webb County Sheriff Department Welcomes New Four-Legged Member
- The Webb County Sheriff's Department welcomes a new member to the department and retires one of their own.
Easter Sunday Entrance and Exit to Lake Casa Blanca
- Effective Sunday, April 20, 2014, Lake Casa Blanca International State Park Easter Sunday visitors traveling southbound on Loop 20 will not be able to turn left to park entrance but must go to US 59 turnaround for return travel on northbound Loop 20 to park entrance.
Local Sports Headlines
High School Baseball Standings
- The high school baseball season is coming to a close and it's a race to the finish for the 31-4A teams.
United Ready to Defend District Title
- United is coming off a perfect district season that saw them make a run into the third round of the playoffs.
Bulldogs Anxious for 2014 Season
- Alexander looks for yet another run deep into the UIL playoffs in 2014. For the fifth year in a row the Bulldogs will open the season against the Alice Coyotes before a pair all Laredo match ups with Martin and Nixon.
Panthers Want Another Playoff Run
- For United South the Panthers finished the season with a winning mark at 6-5, making the playoffs for the first time in years.
LBJ Hoping for Bounce Back Season
- The Wolves struggled through a win-less district season in 2013 but will look to put those loses behind them with a good chunk of the roster back and another year of experience under their belts.
More Local Sports Headlines
Dragon delivers supplies to ISS
- Its robotic arm captured the spacecraft at 6:14 Central Time, Sunday morning.
Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter has died
- He spent 19 years in prison for murder before finally being released in 1985 when a judge ruled his convictions were based on racism rather than reason.
General Motors Recall Denied
- A federal judge in Texas has denied an emergency motion that
would have forced General Motors to tell owners of 2 million recalled cars to
stop driving their vehicles until their ignition switches are repaired.
Houston Students Don't Show Up
- .Thousands of Houston students and teachers stayed home on Good Friday instead of reporting to class to make up for a school day canceled by bad weather.
Texas town closer than ever one year after blast
- The 10-foot crater the blast left behind pales in comparison to the holes left in the hearts of the town's 2,800 residents.
More National Headlines