Job Title: Marketing Consultant
Location: Laredo, Texas
Job Description: Make your mark in Broadcasting.
KGNS is the dominant TV station in the market, due to the combined strength of KGNS NEWS, NBC, CBS, ABC, CW, TELEMUNDO and the web powerhouse KGNS.TV.
Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to its employees.
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, along with a drive to succeed.
Most importantly - we are looking for hard-working salespeople who want to have FUN at work, make money and help local businesses grow.
Responsibilities will include:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums • Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated traits
• Ability to overcome objections
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
• Professional appearance a must
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and insurance.
College Degree Preferred (but not required)
Sales Experience Preferred
Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Uncapped Commission, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
KGNS-TV and Gray Television are Equal Opportunity Employers. Gray Television participates in E-Verify.
KGNS-TV is a Drug Free Workplace. All prospective employees are required to take a pre-employment drug test. Random drug tests are performed during employment.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to:
Juan Cue, General Sales Manager KGNS TV 120 West Del Mar Laredo, Texas 78041 a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.