Local Sports Headlines
Panthers Fight but Not Enough to Best Bulldogs
- It was a battle of best versus worst in district 29-5A baseball Thursday night, but the gap on the field was much less than in the standings on paper. United South fought for seven innings, going toe-to-toe with state ranked Alexander, but a four run 2nd inning would prove to be too much to overcome as the Bulldogs win 5-1 Thursday at the SAC.
Mustangs Keep Hope Alive
- It wasn't exactly easy but Nixon baseball remained alive in their quest for the postseason Thursday afternoon. The final score wasn't indicative of the game on the diamond, as the Mustangs blew the game open late on their way to a 12-2 win.
Wolves Fall in Pitchers Duel; Other Scores
- It was a pitchers duel from the start at Krueger Field Thursday evening. Both LBJ and CC Winn struggled to get any offense going and when they did get base runners, they were quickly extinguished.
Laredoans Find Pair of Aces Thursday
- After years and years on the course these two Laredoans were able to see their goal of a hole in one come true. Juan Arriaga and Baldimaro Castillo were out the Max golf course Thursday and each put one in the cup on par threes during their group play.
Bi-District Softball Round Set
- The high school softball regular season came to an end Tuesday night and only a pair of teams survived and will advance to the postseason. With a win over United South, the LBJ Wolves were able to guarantee themselves the #2 spot in district 29-5A and a match up with Edinburg in the Bi-District round. United on the other hand finished in the #3 spot and will take on Sharyland.
More Local Sports Headlines