LAREDO, TX (KGNS) - The City of Laredo Department of Community Development will be conducting surveys and receiving public comment at various sites throughout the City in order to give citizens an opportunity to express their housing and community development needs.
Staff will also be providing information regarding current Community Development programs and services available to the community. Comments received will be made part of the 2014 Consolidated One-Year Action Plan that will outline how funding made available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will be utilized.
City of Laredo Staff will be accepting comments at the following locations:
- Monday, April 21, 2014, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
City of Laredo City Hall, 1110 Houston.
- Monday, April 21, 2014, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
City of Laredo City Hall Annex, 1102 Bob Bullock Loop.
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. City of Laredo Health Department Courtyard, 2600 Cedar Ave.
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Lilia Perez Senior Community Center, 4418 Old Santa Maria Rd.
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Haynes Health & Wellness Center, 2102 Clark Crossing Blvd.
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
El Eden Recreation Center, 4735 Loma Vista.
- Thursday, April 24, 2014, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Laredo Community College South Campus, 5500 South Zapata Hwy.
- Sunday, April 27, 2014, 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
City of Laredo Earth Day Event, Johnny Rendon Park, 201 Ryan St.
In addition, a public hearing will be held on Monday, May 5, 2014 during the regularly scheduled City Council meeting at 5:30 p.m. at City Council Chambers located at 1110 Houston Street, Laredo, Texas, 78042.
City staff hopes that you will attend and make your needs known. Special services will be made available upon timely request for the physically impaired.
Comments may be provided at the public hearing or submitted orally or in writing to Ms. Thelma Acosta, Community Development Director, P.O. Box 1276 or 1301 Farragut, Transit Center, 3rd Floor, East Wing, Laredo, Texas 78042.
For more information, contact the Department of Community Development at 795-2675.