Central Laredo Pizza Hut catches fire

By: Christian von Preysing Email
By: Christian von Preysing Email
The Pizza Hut on Guadalupe Street is closed while the restaurant cleans up after a fire Thursday.

The Pizza Hut on the corner of Guadalupe Street and Meadow Avenue is covered in smoke, and the roof is completely engulfed.

LAREDO, TEXAS (KGNS) - The Laredo Fire Department is releasing more information about a Pizza Hut that caught fire Thursday.

A fire broke out around 5 p.m. at the restaurant on Guadalupe Street and Meadow Avenue.

Laredo Fire Department spokesperson Victor Lopez said the cause of the incident was a delivery truck that came too close to the building.

He said it hit a power line that ran from the street side to the building, and broke the line from the building. That break caused an arc that led to an electrical fire.

Lopez said firefighters came quickly, but couldn't put out the blaze completely till the electrical service could be stopped.

"They had to wait for AEP to get there. And I understand AEP took about 30 minutes more or less to take out the power," said Lopez.

Lopez said the fire built up in the building's attic, where boxes were stored.

That Pizza Hut in Central Laredo is now closed for the time being. The fire department reports there were no injuries.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KGNS-TV 120 W. Del Mar Blvd., Laredo, TX 78041 Fax: 956-267-8649 News Hotline: 956-723-5161 956.727.8888 email8@kgns.tv
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 272224661 - kgns.tv/a?a=272224661
Gray Television, Inc.