LAREDO, TEXAS (TAMIU) - The Fall Semester is now underway at Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) and the campus has welcomed 34 new faculty members from all around the world.
The new faculty members were introduced at the annual Fall Faculty and Administrative Staff Assembly Monday.
Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Pablo Arenaz said the new hires help the University to sustain its growth.
TAMIU’s Fall semester began Wednesday, Aug. 27. Late registration continues through Friday, Aug. 29.
The new faculty members, by College, title, highest degree earned and institution granting are listed below.
College of Arts and Sciences:
- Elaine Almanza, visiting instructor of Biology - M.S., Texas A&M International University;
- Jaime E. Campbell, visiting instructor of English – M.A., Pittsburgh State University;
- Sara Castro-Olivo, associate professor of psychology - Ph.D., University of Oregon;
- Timothy E. Dolan, professor of Public Administration - Ph.D., University of Hawaii;
- Daniel B. García, visiting instructor of Music, M.M., The University of Texas;
- Muhammad Z. Hasan, assistant professor of Engineering - Ph.D., New Jersey Institute of Technology;
- Kate A. Houston, assistant professor of Criminal Justice - Ph.D., University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Traci Klein, assistant professor of Dance - M.F.A., New York University;
- Ursula Klein, assistant professional in English - Ph.D., Stonybrook University;
- Jacob Makay, visiting assistant professor of Mathematics - B.S., Southern Polytechnic State University;
- Sofia C. Maldonado, instructor of Systems Engineering - M.S., TAMIU;
- Aaron A. Olivas, assistant professor of History - Ph.D., University of California - Los Angeles;
- Tariq Tashtoush, visiting assistant professor of Engineering - Ph.D., State University of New York at Binghamton;
- Elizabeth C. Terrazas-Carrillo, assistant professor of Counseling Psychology - Ph.D., University of Oklahoma;
- Bilal Wajid, visiting instructor of Engineering - B.Sc., University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan;
- Thomas T. Zawisza, assistant professor of Criminal Justice - M.A., East Tennessee State University.
A. R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business:
- Christopher J. Boudreaux, assistant professor of Accounting - M.S., Florida State University;
- Lina De la Garza, instructor of Business Communication - Ed.D., Texas A&M University-Kingsville;
- Yusun Jung, assistant professor of Management Information Systems - Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University;
- Robin L. Knowles, assistant professor of Accounting - Ph.D., University of Connecticut;
- Cynthia B. Lloyd, Ph.D., Morgan State University;
- Thant Syn, assistant professor of Management Information Systems - Ph.D., Florida International University.
College of Education:
- Stephen D. Benigno, assistant professor of Educational Administration - Ph.D., University of Southern Mississippi;
- Puneet S. Gill, assistant professor of Curriculum and Instruction - Ed.D., University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa;
- Karyn E. Miller, assistant professor of Educational Administration - Ph.D., Michigan State University;
- Jason M. Norris, assistant professor of Kinesiology - Ph.D., Arizona State University;
- Jacqueline E. Romano, assistant professor of Bilingual Education - Ph.D., Texas Tech University;
- Tonya M. Trepinski, assistant professor of Special Education - M.Ed., Texas Tech University;
- Bonnie J. Villarreal, assistant clinical professor of Reading - M.S., TAMIU;
- María de Lourdes Viloria, assistant professor of Educational Administration - Ph.D., Texas A&M University.
College of Nursing & Health Sciences:
- Wendy L. Donnell, assistant professor of Nursing - Ph.D., University of Texas-Arlington;
- Carol A. Gunnoe, clinical assistant professor - F.N.P., University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio;
- Julio Lujano, assistant professor of Nursing - D.N.P., Rocky Mountain University;
- Angelica M. Michelangeli, clinical assistant professor of Nursing - M.S.N., TAMIU.
For additional information, contact the TAMIU Office of Public Relations, Marketing and Information Services at 956.326.2180, email email@example.com or visit offices in the Sue and Radcliffe Killam Library, room 268.
You can also visit @txamiu on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and the download the free Powered by TAMIU smartphone and tablet app tamiu.edu/mobile