LAREDO, TX (KGNS) - United Independent School District would like to remind fourth, fifth, seventh, and eighth grade students and their parents of the upcoming state mandated STAAR (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness) tests.
The STAAR testing dates for these students will be as follows:
March 31 STAAR/EOC English I
April 1 STAAR Grade 4 & 7 Writing Day 1
April 1 STAAR Grade 5 & 8 Math
STAAR/EOC English II
April 2 STAAR Grade 4 & 7 Writing Day 2
STAAR Grade 5 & 8 Reading
Tests for other grades will be administered later in the month of April as follows:
April 21 TAKS Exit Level ELA
April 22 STAAR Grade 3, 4, 6 & 7 Math
TAKS Exit Level Math
STAAR Grade 8 Social Studies
April 23 STAAR Grades 3, 4, 6 & 7 Reading
STAAR Grade 5 & 8 Science
TAKS Exit Level Science
April 24 TAKS Exit Level Social Studies
The District would like parents to consider using the following tips provided by the www.testtakingtips.com website to help your child prepare for these assessments:
- Mark down test days on your calendar so you and your child are both aware of testing dates.
- Encourage your child to stay relaxed when taking a test.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep, especially the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast and avoids heavy foods that may make him/her groggy and avoid high sugar foods.
- On the day of the test, make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she will be on time to school.
- Praise/reward your child for their hard work in preparing for these tests.
For information on these testing dates, contact your child’s campus administration.