Electrical fire begins on teenager's bed

By: Matt McGovern Email
By: Matt McGovern Email
Firefighters say the fire was contained to the single bedroom.

Firefighters said nine people were inside the house when the fire broke out.

HOUSTON, TEXAS (KPRC) - A teenager is blaming a faulty electrical outlet for a fire that started in his bedroom.

It happened around 2:00 a.m. Monday on Knottybold Lane and Buxley Street in southwest Houston.

Firefighters said nine people were inside the house when the fire broke out.

The teenager told firefighters he woke up to a popping sound coming from the outlet, and next thing he knew the bed was on fire.

He tried to put it out by running into the kitchen to get some water, but by the time he came back, it was burning out of control.

The teenager said the outlet had been giving the family problems in the past, and that it did not have a cover. Firefighters have ruled the fire electrical in nature.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom.

No one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KGNS-TV 120 W. Del Mar Blvd., Laredo, TX 78041 Fax: 956-267-8649 News Hotline: 956-723-5161 956.727.8888 email8@pro8news.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 258956401 - kgns.tv/a?a=258956401
Gray Television, Inc.