Near-miss with drone and firefighting helicopter prompt FAA investigation
- The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating a near-miss between a hobby drone and a sheriff's helicopter in Reno during an aerial attack on a wind-whipped brush fire that was threatening dozens of homes on the edge of the Sierra.
In an emergency, your smartphone could save your life
In an emergency, your smartphone could provide first responders with information that could save your life.
U.S. Nuclear Program Runs on Floppy Disks
- A new report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office says the Pentagon is still using floppy disks for their nuclear program.
Mars: Closest, biggest, and brightest in a decade
- Look low in the southeast at nightfall, and an unusually bright, fire-yellow “star” will be staring back at you. It’s the planet Mars, closer to Earth now than it has been since November 2005.
These Dogs Can Talk. Seriously.
- Researchers at Georgia Tech have developed technology that gives dogs the ability to talk.
International Space Station makes 100,000th orbit of Earth
- One-hundred-thousand laps around Earth, and the International Space Station is still sailing right along.
Imaginarium reopens this weekend
- Favorite exhibits are still a part of the museum, and new ones have been added.
Blame this for the popularity of the selfie
- Snapping pictures on your cell phone has become routine in our daily lives.
SpaceX Dragon departs space station, heads home with cargo
- A SpaceX capsule is headed back to Earth with precious science samples from NASA's one-year spaceman.
NASA's record-breaking planet discovery
- NASA has discovered 1,284 new planets. It's the largest finding of planets at one time, and double the number of previously confirmed planets from the Kepler mission.
More Technology Headlines