U.S. Nuclear Program Runs on Floppy Disks
- A new report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office says the Pentagon is still using floppy disks for their nuclear program.
Mars: Closest, biggest, and brightest in a decade
- Look low in the southeast at nightfall, and an unusually bright, fire-yellow “star” will be staring back at you. It’s the planet Mars, closer to Earth now than it has been since November 2005.
These Dogs Can Talk. Seriously.
- Researchers at Georgia Tech have developed technology that gives dogs the ability to talk.
International Space Station makes 100,000th orbit of Earth
- One-hundred-thousand laps around Earth, and the International Space Station is still sailing right along.
Imaginarium reopens this weekend
- Favorite exhibits are still a part of the museum, and new ones have been added.
Blame this for the popularity of the selfie
- Snapping pictures on your cell phone has become routine in our daily lives.
SpaceX Dragon departs space station, heads home with cargo
- A SpaceX capsule is headed back to Earth with precious science samples from NASA's one-year spaceman.
NASA's record-breaking planet discovery
- NASA has discovered 1,284 new planets. It's the largest finding of planets at one time, and double the number of previously confirmed planets from the Kepler mission.
'Space Invaders' among 6 inducted to video game hall of fame
- A video game that had players zapping space aliens with lasers and another that put players in covered wagons have been inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame.
Pirate radio arises as surprising adversary
- In the age of podcasts and streaming services, you might think pirate radio is low on the list of concerns of federal lawmakers and broadcasters. You'd be wrong.
More Technology Headlines