Top Local College Stories
Local Soccer Stars Sign with LCC
- Staying at LCC it was a big day for a trio of soccer stars who will don the green and gold next season for the inaugural season of the schools mens team.
LCC Searching after Canales Leaves Program
- The Laredo Community College volleyball team will take the court for practice next week but will do so with out a permanent head coach. Long time coach Binny Canales has taken a similar job at Western Nebraska Community College.
Palomino sees Dream come True
- It was a big afternoon for one Palomino baseball player who saw a life long goal come true.
Rendon Signs with Diamondbacks
- After an injury derailed his senior season, TAMIU baseball star Alvaro Rendon was scheduled to be back on campus next year, instead he's off to a Major League farm club.
Local Talent Signs with LCC Softball
- The Palominos signed a total of six athletes this afternoon to the softball program, all having graduated one year ago with all four United ISD schools represented.
Porter Leaving TAMIU Baseball
- Change will be coming to the TAMIU baseball team next spring as head coach Chad Porter will not return to the Dustdevils. Porter has taken a job as Athletic Director for his alma mater of Ohio Valley University in West Virginia.
UTSA Slowly Gaining Respect
- One college football team that tends to get overlooked in the Lone Star State is the UTSA Roadrunners. The young program is still trying to make a name for themselves having only competed at the division one level for a few years, but have found success in that time.
TAMIU Player Drafted by Boston
- TAMIU's catcher will sign with the Boston Red Sox.
Bulldogs Taking Alexander Attitude to LCC
- Alexander had a pair of baseball players staying much closer to home as Bulldogs Rudy Gaona and Gabe Sanchez will both be attending LCC to play baseball this fall.
Pair of Longhorns Sign on to Join TAMIU
- A pair of Longhorn soccer players are off to TAMIU to play for the Dustdevils after signing their National Letters of Intent at United High School Monday afternoon.
More Top Local College Stories