Local Professional Stories
Lemurs Return to Action
- This weekend will see the Lemurs return to Unitrade Stadium in a round robin tournament with a pair of Mexican league teams.
Lemurs Announce International Classic Series
- Baseball fans in the Gateway City will get a chance to see their Lemurs early while also watching a pair of top Mexican league teams later this month.
Swarm Survive Drama Filled Weekend
- The Laredo Swarm had an eventful first weekend in the Gateway City with the ultimate result seeing them win their division.
Swarm Wins Southwest Division Championship
- The Laredo Swarm go head to head with the Austin Boom for the Southwest Division Title.
Laredo Swarm Advances to Championship
- The Laredo storm getting a second chance to further their season in the finals hosting the Texas fuel this evening.
Kids having themselves a good time at the LEA, as the Laredo swarm hosted the Texas fuel in the semifinal round.
Swarm up 17 in the second ... Fuel's Demetrius smith with the lay in 57 to 38 Swarm.
Laredo's Rickey Scott drives in for the master dunk...Swarm moving up by 19.
Still in the second Many Garcia in the corner for the three pointer 64-46 Swarm.
The Swarm squad goes on to beat the Texas Fuel 135 to 144... Moving them to the championship game tomorrow at 5:30pm.
Before the big matchup there will be an ABA showcase with a three point shootout and a slam dunk contest.
The excitement will end with an all-star game at 7:30pm.
Swarm Stung in Semifinals
- Despite holding a double digit lead for much of the 3rd quarter, the Swarm can't put away Austin as the Boom come back for a 103-102 victory.
Swarm Descend on Laredo
- It was a big day for sports fans here in the Gateway City, especially those that enjoy basketball as Laredo has a new professional team in town.
Top Rank Returning to Laredo
- Top Rank Boxing is making its way back to Laredo in April as one of the top super bantamweight fighters is coming to the Gateway City.
ABA Could Make Laredo Permanent Home
- Basketball is on its way to the Gateway City as today it was made official that the American Basketball Association will hold it's Southwest division playoffs at the Laredo Energy Arena.
Heat Announce 2015 Home Slate
- It's been a big couple days for the Laredo heat as they have not only announced their schedule dates but also learned the team has officially been selected for another Lamar Hunt US Open appearance.
More Local Professional Stories