Local hospitals update visitation policy
Anyone who enters the main hospital will be screened for signs and symptoms.
LAREDO, Tex. (KGNS) -A local hospital has revised its visitation policies for those who have a loved one battling COVID-19.
One visitor will be allowed on inpatient areas from 9 a.m. to noon and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. with the exception of confirmed COVID-19 designated rooms.
Children under age 18 are not allowed to visit inpatient rooms.
Anyone who enters the main hospital will be screened for signs and symptoms. Any positive responses to screening questions or any temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to enter.
• Immunocompromised patient – will need to get a physician order for visitation.
• Cancer Center- no visitation will be allowed.
• L&D one support person (family member) who may stay overnight (no hour restriction)
• Post-Partum – one support person (family member) who may stay overnight (no hour restriction)
• NICU - one support person (family member) – no overnight stay will be allowed (as per department policy)
• Pediatrics – one support person (family member) who may stay overnight
• ICU non-COVID – one support person (family member) no overnight stay
• Medical/Surgical non–COVID – one support person (family member) no overnight stay
• Patients with disabilities and special needs o Patients with disabilities, including cognitive and developmental disabilities, who receive care at the Hospital may have a designated support person present with them to support their disability needs at all times medically necessary where such does not interfere with their treatment.
• One visitor (family member) may stay with ED patient (no hour restriction)
• Outpatient (family member) surgery, one visitor may accompany the patient (no hour restriction)
It’s not just Doctors Hospital, LMC has also revised its visitation policy.
Starting on Mar. 1, the hospital will begin allowing at least one adult, 18 years of age per patient per day.
The hospital says the safety of its patients and staff is their top priority.
Many actions continue to be taken to enhance infection prevention and support social distancing.
Additional details regarding LMC’s updated visitor policy include:
General hospital visiting hours are now from 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
Visitation is open to one adult (18 and over) per patient per day, and no children under age 18 will be permitted to visit patients;
Pediatrics Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Labor & Delivery Unit and Mother/Baby Unit will allow two adult support persons per patient per day.
Emergency Department (ED): Only one adult visitor (18 and older) is allowed per patient per visit. (Must comply with ER visitor policy, available at greeter station);
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)-Non-COVID: Limited to one adult support person;
Surgery (Prep and Hold): Limited to one adult support person;
Skilled Nursing Unit (SNU): Visitation is restricted with only essential visitors allowed under special circumstances. Please call (956) 796-3566 or (956) 7963568 for more information;
Visitation for Outpatient Diagnostic and Laboratory Services (including LMC North & LMC South) remains restricted with the exception of one adult support person needed to accompany a minor or a patient that requires assistance;
Visitors can continue to enter the hospital through Towers A and B, Main Entrance and ER;
Visitors may utilize the cafeteria; social distancing and masking (while not eating) must be practiced;
Visitation continues to be restricted in COVID units unless authorization is received for imminent death visitation from the City of Laredo Health Authority
Copyright 2021 KGNS. All rights reserved.