"El Centro Si" speaks on need for Convention Center

LAREDO,Texas(KGNS)- Proponents of "El Centro Si" are speaking out against comments made by the Laredo Hotel and Motel Association on Proposition B.

Advocates of Proposition B spoke out on some of the claims made.

Hoteliers were concerned that the Convention Center that would be funded by the tax is only benefiting La Posada Hotel.

Prop B advocates say that although La Posada Hotel is projected to intake nearly 70 percent of the new clientele, the other 30 percent will be additional bookings that other hotels currently don't' have.

Fasken understands that Laredo is not a destination city but says it is an area that could capture regional events and maybe event state events.