Elderly resident shaken up after house fire

By  | 

LAREDO, TX (KGNS) - The Laredo Fire Department is investigating a fire that happened at a home in central Laredo on Wednesday morning.

The incident happened at around 10 in the morning at the 3000 block of McPherson near Frost.

According to fire officials a neighbor had seen the fire on the roof and alerted the resident right away.

Fire officials were able to contain the fire before it spread to the rest of the home.

Officials say the fire may have been caused due to recent work done by technicians on an appliance prior to the incident.

The resident that was inside the home was an elderly lady who was treated for anxiety.

Luckily, no one was injured in the case.