Update: Webb County Correctional Officer arrested for aggravated assault

Published: Aug. 7, 2018 at 2:57 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Webb County Correctional Officer is arrested after a dispute escalated into an alleged standoff at a north Laredo apartment.

The incident happened on Tuesday in the early morning hours when police received a call from a man saying that he was assaulted by a woman at the Sontera Apartments.

According to reports the woman in question and the victim had just arrived at the apartments after participating in a social gathering earlier that night.

The woman asked the man to give her back some medication that he allegedly took from her.

The man said he did not have her medication, which is when she allegedly threatened him with a glock semi-automatic handgun.

She then demanded for the man to strip naked to make sure he did not have anything.

While searching the man, she reportedly took a handgun and some cash from his bag.

The man was somehow able to call 911, which is when police deployed its emergency response team to get the woman to come out of the apartment.

Police were eventually able to take 22-year-old Myrthala Aylin Flores into custody without incident.

According to the Webb County Sheriff’s Office, after an interview with the internal affairs department, Flores resigned from her position.

Flores was charged with aggravated robbery on a $45,000 bond.

Below is the original text from this story:

Laredo Police are investigating an alleged assault case that had police deploying its emergency response team.

According to police, officers received a call at around 8 a.m. from a man reporting an assault at the Sontera Apartments.

When officers arrived at the scene, the woman inside the apartment would not open the door.

Police say they did not know if she was sleeping or if she was not answering, so as a precaution, they evacuated some nearby neighbors.

For safety reasons, officers took the woman into custody for questioning.

Police say they have not determined yet if a crime actually took place, but they are getting a warrant to search the apartment for firearms.

So far, no charges have been filed and the investigation remains ongoing.