Braves vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
Kyle Schwarber will try to get his 100th RBI (he has 99) when the Philadelphia Phillies (82-68) take on the Atlanta Braves (96-54) at 7:20 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Braves will give the nod to Spencer Strider (17-5, 3.78 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 18 on the season, and the Phillies will turn to Cristopher Sanchez (2-4, 3.40 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Truist Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Strider - ATL (17-5, 3.78 ERA) vs Sanchez - PHI (2-4, 3.40 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Phillies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Phillies Odds|
|Braves vs Phillies Prediction|
|How to Watch Braves vs Phillies|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Spencer Strider
- Strider (17-5) will take to the mound for the Braves and make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in seven innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.78, a 4.8 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.083 in 29 games this season.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 17 of them.
- Strider has made 26 starts of five or more innings in 29 chances this season, and averages 5.8 frames when he pitches.
- He has six appearances with no earned runs allowed in 29 chances this season.
Spencer Strider vs. Phillies
- The Phillies have scored 737 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They have 1331 hits, fifth in baseball, with 203 home runs (ninth in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Phillies to go 14-for-70 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI in 19 innings this season.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristopher Sanchez
- The Phillies will send Sanchez (2-4) out to make his 17th start of the season. He is 2-4 with a 3.40 ERA and 83 strikeouts over 87 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the lefty went 7 1/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, allowing four earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 26-year-old has put together a 3.40 ERA and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings across 16 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .235 to opposing batters.
- Sanchez is looking to collect his seventh quality start of the year.
- Sanchez will try to continue a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.4 innings per appearance).
- In three of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Cristopher Sanchez vs. Braves
- He will take the hill against a Braves offense that ranks first in the league with 1417 total hits (on a .274 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .501 (first in the league) with 289 total home runs (first in MLB action).
- In 7 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Braves this season, Sanchez has a 4.91 ERA and a 1.227 WHIP while his opponents are batting .276.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.