Astros vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The Kansas City Royals (52-102) will attempt to keep a four-game winning streak alive when they visit the Houston Astros (85-69) at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Astros will give the nod to J.P. France (11-5) versus the Royals and Jordan Lyles (4-17).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: France - HOU (11-5, 3.84 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (4-17, 6.26 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: J.P. France
- The Astros' France (11-5) will make his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs and allowed five hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched against the Kansas City Royals on Saturday.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.84 and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .259 in 23 games this season.
- He has 13 quality starts in 22 chances this season.
- France has started 22 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 18 times. He averages 5.7 innings per appearance.
- In 23 appearances this season, he has finished four without allowing an earned run.
J.P. France vs. Royals
- The Royals have scored 642 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They have 1256 hits, 22nd in baseball, with 152 home runs (27th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Royals to go 5-for-17 with a double and five RBI in 4 1/3 innings this season.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles (4-17) takes the mound first for the Royals in his 30th start of the season. He has a 6.26 ERA in 166 2/3 innings pitched, with 113 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when he tossed six innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.26, with 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opponents are hitting .260 against him.
- Lyles is trying to pick up his sixth quality start of the season.
- Lyles will aim to go five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He's averaging 5.7 innings per outing.
- He has had one outing this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The 32-year-old ranks 45th in ERA (6.26), 32nd in WHIP (1.266), and 43rd in K/9 (6.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Jordan Lyles vs. Astros
- He will take the hill against an Astros squad that is batting .259 as a unit (fourth in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .438 (sixth in the league) with 213 total home runs (seventh in MLB action).
- Lyles has a 6 ERA and a 1.167 WHIP against the Astros this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .261 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.